Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blood Orange & Rosemary Foot Soak

Good Morning, All!

Before I get started here, would you do me a favor?  Go ahead and sign up to receive email updates (on the right side bar) or subscribe to me in your Google Reader.  "Why?" you ask.  Well, I guess they are going to take Google Friend Connect away and I don't want you to miss anything.
I promise, I have lots of exciting stuff coming up ;)

Ok, on to the post:

Are you a foot soaker?
I think you should be.
Soaking your feet is super relaxing and makes your tootsies nice and soft (and fragrant, too).

In continuation of blood orange week, I thought I'd show you how to make a quick foot soak.

Ok, you only need 3 things.  And you don't even have to go to the craft store to get them.  Some of you might already have this stuff laying around the house.

1. Coarse sea salt
2. Blood orange zest (grapefruit zest would be great here, too)
3. Fresh rosemary sprigs

We have rosemary in our garden and it's awesome.  I usually make bread or soup with it.  But I thought I'd try something new this week.

When I went out there to clip some for this foot soak, I noticed that it has grown some pretty, violet flowers on it.  Who knew?

Anyways, you throw some of the rosemary in whatever container you have laying around.  I used little mason jars.  You could even use a Ziploc or tupperware.  Nobody has to know.  Unless you are giving it as a gift.  Then put it in a cute little jar.

Zest your blood orange with a microplane zester or a fine grater.  Then in a small bowl, combine the sea salt and zest until incorporated.  Pour it in the container with the rosemary and let it all sit together for a while.
*note-for the small mason jar, I used about 2 tsp of orange zest
A couple hours later, after you have been on your feet all day, dissolve about 2 tablespoons of foot soak in some hot water and enjoy your spa like experience.
I wouldn't recommend this as bath salts, though, because there is zest and rosemary floating around in there. I even threw an extra sprig of the rosemary in the water for extra oomph.
Aaaah.  So soothing.

Oh, make an extra jar for a friend.  They will love it.

1 comment:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

I love the rosemary/orange combo. I bet it smelled so yummy!