Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Hi, all.  Hope everyone had a great V-day yesterday.

I thought I'd share some books with you today.

Because as we all know...


It's true.

Here's what I just read:


The Island by Elin Hilderbrand

Ok, I clearly love me some Elin Hilderbrand.  Her novels are really well written and they are hard to put down.  This one was no exception.  There is this private island where the Tate family inherited the house, but  have not been there for over a decade.  When a bunch of stressful situations come up for the family, the 2 sisters, mother and aunt all decide to go to the island for a month.  I like how it is written from each of their perspectives and how it flashes back to what brought them all there in the first place.

What I'm reading now:


Thin is the New Happy by Valerie Frankel

I stumbled upon this book while looking for another Frankel novel (It's Hard Not To Hate You), but this was the only one of her books checked into the library.  I'm glad I got it, because it is freaking hilarious.  It is a memoir about Frankel's lifelong struggle with her weight.  She's a comedy writer, so of course she puts a spin on it.  I think it is definitely something that alot of women can identify with and laugh about.

What's up next:


Groundswell by Katie Lee

I found the recommendation for this book on Jen Lancaster's blog, so I knew it had to be worth reading.  From what I gather it is about a famous lady who catches her also famous husband cheating and has to escape the paparazzi.  So naturally she goes to some island paradise and adventure ensues.  The book is actually really small (240 pages), so it should be a quick read.

I'd love to hear what everyone else is reading.  Feel free to share in the comments ;)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Marina said...

Nice book collection you have there. I want to read It's Hard Not to Hate You too. Maybe my library has it, need to check.