Monday, February 20, 2012

Oatmeal Cookie Protein Shake


Ok, so I never got the whole protein shake thing until I started making them.

I get it now.

They are like really awesome milkshakes that help you get healthy and stuff.

Love them.

Need them.

No, seriously, I only do a protein shake only once or twice a week.  You don't want it to be your main source of protein.  I get my protein from lean meat, beans and legumes mostly.

But this is an awesome treat & you should totally try it.


Oatmeal Cookie Protein Shake

  • 1 frozen banana (note- peel your bananas before you freeze them)
  • 3/4 -1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used Silk)
  • 3 Tablespoons old fashioned oats
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (this is my protein powder of choice)
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg

Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. 


Recipe from Eating Bird Food


Or if you just have to have a cookie, try this giant oatmeal cookie or this skinny cookie pie.

Oh, by the way, just found this awesome website where you can customize a print with you & your sweetie's initials:
Here's mine!  Here's the link: The Wedding Chicks.  I am totally printing ours out & framing it!

1 comment:

Katrine - make it and fake it said...

OH, im going to try this idea!!! i only ever mixed the powder with milk and nothing else, and its not to recommend!!! lol :)

Great idea its like a heathy milkshake smoothie mix!!

love K