Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup


A letter to my slow cooker:

Dear Crockpot,
You are awesome, and I totally don't appreciate you enough.  I love that you slow cook any meal to perfection while I'm away at work.  Thanks for making the house smell so good when I get home and for taking care of dinner for me.  You're the best.
Love,
Renee

This soup is healthy and hearty with a little spice.  Feel free to add more buffalo sauce if you like it really spicy.

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup
makes about 6 cups

4 small carrots
4 stalks celery
1/2 yellow onion
small red pepper
3-4 large chicken breasts
1 box chicken broth (32 oz)

Chop all the veggies (I did this the night before for quick preparation), toss them and the other above ingredients in the crockpot.  Cook on low for 8 hours.

Once everything has cooked for 8 hours, shred the chicken using two forks, drain a little broth into a small bowl and whisk in 1 tbsp of flour then stir it back in the crock.  

You'll also need:
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 handful of shredded jack cheese
1 handful of shredded parmesan cheese

Toss all this in the crock and stir around.  Give it a taste & add more sauce or cheese if you want.

Garnish with reduced fat bleu cheese and serve with bread.


This soup was awesome!  I had leftovers for lunch today.  I'm thinking you should make this as soon as humanly possible.  You can thank me later ;)


Recipe slightly adapted from How Sweet It Is blog

3 comments:

Marina said...

Wow, I envy you! wonderful soup!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

some of my favorite flavors this sounds amazing I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch said...

This sounds amazing! I love buffalo chicken and making a soup out of it would be so delish! Have a wonderful week!