Thursday, February 9, 2012

Skinny Sweetheart Shake


I've been thinking about this recipe all week long.

Remember those Sonic sweetheart shakes?  Me neither.  I mean, I never had one.  But, Google told me that it was a chocolate covered cherry shake.  Which sounds good.

But, I had strawberries.

So this is a chocolate covered strawberry shake.

And it is healthy.


What are you waiting for?

Skinny Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shake
(a.k.a. Skinny Sweetheart Shake)

Heaping cup of almond milk (I used 9 oz of Silk almond milk)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (see what I use below)
8 frozen strawberries
3 slices frozen peaches (or frozen half banana)--this is for texture: you can't taste it.
2 tsp sugar free chocolate syrup (I used Hershey's)

Blend it up.  I used the mason jar technique rather than dirtying up my whole blender.
Squirt an additional little bit of chocolate syrup all around your glass, then add your shake.
Top with (optional) fat free Reddi-Whip and sprinkles.

Here's the protein powder I use.  It is my first and only protein powder, and I really like the taste.  Leave a comment below if you recommend any other kind of protein powder.

You can certainly make this for your sweetheart for Valentine's Day, or you can hog it all to yourself.  Because, you know you are a sweetheart ;)

My husband got me some giant chocolate covered strawberries last year.  They were the size of my head.  In case you are wondering, I have an average sized head.  I think this year, I'll stick with shakes.  It seems safer than head sized fruit covered in chocolate.

No comments: