Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Vegetable Pizza with Homemade Beer Crust



Who doesn't love pizza? Seriously, there are so many variations of ingredients you can make into a pizza. My favorite way to eat a pizza is piled high with veggies. It makes me feel healthier or something.
I made this crust using my favorite beer (ok, really it is the only kind of beer I will drink because I'm just not that into beer).

Here's the crust ingredients:



Beer Pizza Crust (loosely adapted from King Arthur Flour)

2 cups flour
1/2 package of yeast
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup beer ( I used Shock Top Belgian White)

Mix it all up in a bowl, knead for 6 minutes or so, and let the dough rise for about an hour.

After an hour, preheat the oven to 450 and gather your topping ingredients & chop them:



Summer squash
Zucchini
Corn
Baby Spinach
Grape tomatoes
Veggie cheese
Ricotta cheese
Italian seasoning & salt (not pictured)

Roll out your dough with a rolling pin or just form it by hand & place on oiled cookie sheet (or non stick surface). Pile on your toppings and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Makes one medium sized pizza that will feed 3 hungry people.



Veggilicious!

No comments: