Friday, August 19, 2011

Short Stack of Fluffy Yogurt Pancakes



I am very much a breakfast person. When people say, "Oh, I just don't eat breakfast," I don't get that. How can you not eat breakfast? I wake up and one of my first thoughts in my mind is what's for breakfast?

I like breakfast foods, too. I could eat breakfast for every meal, but then people would probably think I'm more nuts than I am. So I made a quick short stack of pancakes for breakfast this morning. My other meals today will be totally normal and non-breakfasty, I promise.

I got the recipe for these yogurt pancakes on food.com and it is it has a neat feature where you can modify it to make whatever serving you need/want. I made 1 serving, which is 3 pancakes. Oh, and these are pretty healthy for you and stuff.

Here's what you need:



1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup yogurt (I used plain Greek yogurt, but flavored yogurt would rock)
1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 beaten egg (or use an egg white)

Melt butter for a few seconds in the microwave, mix in other wet ingredients. Mix flour, salt and baking powder and add to wet ingredients until combined. I used a 1/3 c measuring cup to plop my pancakes in the pan. Do it however you want. Oh, by the way. I need a griddle. It would be so much easier to flip pancakes on a griddle. If you have one, use it. Flip the pancakes when edges are bubbly and you peek under the pancake and see a golden color.

Enjoy with whatever sides you choose. Here's what I had:


Don't judge my non-matching dishes. I'm cool with it.

1 comment:

Biz said...

I am with you on breakfast, what's not to love? Here's a tip - add a bit more baking powder and let your batter sit 15-30 minutes before cooking - you'll get extra fluffy pancakes every time. :D