Monday, August 29, 2011

Making Gifts: Chalkboard Coasters



My husband and I have always been pretty conservative with our spending. We do not eat out much or spend a whole lot of money on frivolous things. It is just how we are.

Well, we are buying our first house, so I’m feeling especially careful about spending.

I tend to make gifts for people’s birthdays and Christmas gifts. It is a great way to save money.

Here’s a cute idea to make someone for a housewarming or a small Christmas gift.

Chalkboard Coasters

Chalkboard paint (small container is about 9 bucks at Wal-mart)
Tiles (you can get these at Home Depot, but we got a box at an estate sale)
Little felt pieces for the bottoms
Chalk

Paint your tiles with chalkboard paint. I did 2 coats of paint. After it dries, put your felt “feet” on the bottoms to keep the coasters from scratching furniture and whatnot. Have fun labeling your coasters, writing messages and making pictures.



My mom found a desk for my nephew and we painted the top of it with chalkboard paint. How fun is that? He can doodle on it or practice his letters. Cool.



I will definitely have more chalkboard crafts coming up! Gotta get my 9 bucks worth, right?

No comments: