Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Muffins



I bought blueberries this week. I'm not crazy about blueberries on their own. I know their healthy and blah blah antioxidants or whatever. I do, however, like blueberry muffins. Have you tried those pouches of muffin mix? Yeah, these are nothing like those. They are fresh & lemony and bursting with mouthfuls of sweet berries. And super healthy, too.

It took me about 5 minutes to put this together. It is a quick and easy one bowl recipe for muffins.

Here's what you need:



Lemon Blueberry Muffins
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp Smart Butter
1 cup reduced fat (or fat free) sour cream
1/4 cup lemon curd
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with liners. Cream butter and sugars together. Add in egg and combine. Dump in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, zest). Stir around. It will be crumbly. Add in sour cream, curd and lemon juice and stir to combine. Fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into muffin cups (I used my muffin scoop-or ice cream scoop). Bake for 23-25 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins.



Recipe adapted from: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/05/31/blueberry-muffins-recipe/

No comments: