Monday, August 15, 2011

Easy Snickers Trifle



This is the quickest dessert you can make that people will rave about. Trifle is awesome. It is layers of deliciousness that look so pretty. Make one and take it to a party. People will say things. Good things. I bought my trifle bowl from Walmart for like seven bucks and have gotten so much use out of it.

For this trifle I used:

*Chocolate angel food cake
*Sugar free chocolate pudding (1 1/2 boxes of instant mixed with almond milk)
*Fat free cool whip
*16 fun sized Snickers, chopped

I lightened up the trifle to counteract the Snickers. Apparently there is no "light" Snicker bar...but it probably would not taste as good.
Oh, I also used sugar free caramel sundae syrup for the pretty drizzle (fo shizzle).

There are lots of variations of trifle you can concoct. I make sure all of my trifles have key components of cake, pudding, cool whip and a textural element (in this case-Snickers). A couple other great variations are...

Strawberry shortcake trifle
Key lime pie trifle
Pina colada trifle
Chocolate toffee trifle
Banana pudding trifle

I could go on for days, but I'll stop now. You get the idea. Oh, wait. You know what else is cool about trifles? You can make individual ones in wine glasses at home. Fun!

Check out the layers in this one:



Yum! And, oh so pretty :)



No comments: