Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Peas and Crayons
Are you nosy?  I am about some things.  There are some blogs where the feature "what's in your bag" posts.  I'm not usually interested in those, though.  I don't care about make up or electronic devices.

What I am nosy about is what's in your lunch bag.  I love reading blogs that participate in the What I Ate Wednesday Challenge.  This challenge comes from Peas and Crayons, which is a great blog!

I've never photographed my daily food intake, but I've written down my foods.  So, let's see how this goes.

These are actually the things I ate Tuesday (yesterday), in case you are wondering.

Breakfast, Part 1: Luna Bar before 5 a.m. boot camp
This is one of my favorite Luna flavors.  It tastes like a Mounds candy bar!  It used to make me ill to eat so early, but I know my brain and body needs the fuel to do my best at boot camp!  There's Baby the Cat in the background ;)

Breakfast, Part 2: Iced Coffee & Green Monster Protein Shake
I made my coffee super duper strong the night before and added some sugar free caramel syrup, almond milk and ice.  My disgusting looking (but not tasting) shake contains: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup almond milk and 3 handfuls of spinach (yay, veggies!).

 Mid Morning Snack: Wasa crackers & cheese
These are the light rye Wasa crisp bread crackers that I smeared with a light Swiss cheese wedge.

Lunch: Salad with veggies, protein and hummus 
I love a giant salad with tons of toppings!  This salad contains: 2 handfuls spring mix lettuce, 1 handful arugula, shredded carrots, goat cheese, 1/2 cup of leftover chicken sausage veggie hash and 1/4 cup of black beans.  For dressing, I used this spicy hummus.  It rocked my world.
I also had a diet citrus green tea (seen in the background) & a lovely square of dark chocolate: 

Afternoon Snack: Cucumber spears and hummus
Yes, hummus makes another appearance, today ;)  I noshed on these cuke sticks and some red pepper hummus before heading out to walk the dogs.

Dinner: Burger, sweet potato wedges & veggies
This is actually a meat less burger on a 100 calorie wheat bagel thin with tomato, lettuce & goat cheese.  It's a new brand (below).  I had a coupon.  It was alright.  Nothing to write home about.  I also made some awesome sweet potato wedges and some roasted veggies.

 Dessert: Fudgesicle
This is one of the new TCBY 80 calorie fudgesicles & it was pretty darn good.

Alright, so there you have it.  Hope you enjoyed this peek into my daily food consumption :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

why have i never thought to dip cucumubers in hummus!

Jessica said...

I love those Laughing Cow wedges! I swear, they are good on just about anything!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Ok.. Im totally loving this post! I love seeing what other people eat. I hope you do this more.. love it!

Ps.. everything looks delish!