...then you are going to love this cake! I think even Jimmy Buffet would be a fan :)
Kind of a weird fact: My husband does not like cake. Like he turns down birthday cake.
Isn't that odd?
Well, he looooves this cake. It's the only exception to his no cake rule. I made it for Easter at his request.
I guess it is not your average cake. It is super moist, rich and decadent.
But I do have a secret about it...
It's sort of a diet cake. And it is probably the easiest cake to put together on the planet.
Skinny Piña Colada Cake
makes one 9x13 cake
- reduced sugar (or sugar free) yellow cake mix
- 1 regular sized can of crushed pineapple
- 3/4 little can of fat free condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp of coconut extract
- 1 regular sized tub of fat free Cool Whip
- optional-shredded coconut for the top
1. Dump your cake mix in a bowl. Add the entire can of crushed pineapple (do not drain).
2. Beat until combined with hand mixer.
3. Bake per the instructions on the box. Cool.
4. Once the cake is cool, combine the condensed milk and coconut extract in a small bowl. Poke holes in the cake with a toothpick (or fork) and pour the mixture over the cake.
5. Top with Cool Whip and chill.
Be sure to make this for a party and watch it disappear.