Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday & Some News

It's time for another installment of What I Ate Wednesday~Veggie Edition ;)
If you missed last week's post, here it is: WIAW #1

Peas and Crayons
This challenge comes from Peas and Crayons blog.

Breakfast Part #1: Butterscotch Breakfast Bread
I had a piece of whole wheat butterscotch breakfast bread with a smear of almond butter before 5 a.m. bootcamp (which totally kicked my butt today, by the way). This is a little recipe I came up with last week.  It's almost perfect.  I think I'll have to share it with you soon!  Baby the Cat photo bombed my breakfast pic again this week ;)

 Breakfast Part #2: Veggie Omelet, Bacon, Iced Coffee
Gotta get my protein on after all that strength training & cardio.  I know this omelet looks messy, but it was quite yummy.  I sauteed about a cup (or more) of fresh spinach until in cooked down, threw some diced tomatoes on top, then added a sprinkle shredded Parmesan and 1 egg and 1 egg white.  I also had 2 pieces of microwave bacon.  Oh, and iced coffee of course.  I brewed up some of Dunkin Donuts strawberry shortcake coffee (sounds gross, but makes a great iced coffee) and let it cool, then added ice, Equal and almond milk.  Drinking from mason jars is classy, in case you didn't know.

Mid-Morning Snack: Banana
After talking on the banana phone, I peeled and ate this fruit for a snack.  Yes, I am crazy for posting this pic on the internet.  Take me as I am, ya'll.
Oh, and please note that this is the first time in a while I haven't worn work out clothes to the office.  Just sayin'.

 Lunch: Salad with Veggies & Protein
After running some errands at lunch, I was back at the office to eat my salad.  This bowl contains romaine lettuce, matchstick carrots, diced tomato, sliced cucumber and a leftover piece of stuffed chicken (stuffed with cheese wedge, ham and spinach) from last night.  No hummus dressing today.  I finished the last of the Caesar dressing.

You know how some days you just crave a salad?  Today was not that day for me.  The salad was good, but I felt sort of eh about it.  I did manage to shove all those veggies in my face, despite my ambivalence. 

Oh, after lunch I needed some black tea and dark chocolate eggs.  It was a need, people.
Yes, I had two.  Don't judge.  I had to keep up my strength for all the paper shuffling ahead of me (note: everyday I'm shuffling).

Dinner: Quinoa, Smoked Salmon, Brussels
Things were kind of crazy busy this afternoon, and I did not have time for a snack.  Needless to say, by the time dinner rolled around I was star-ving.  A true hungry monster ;)  Luckily, dinner came together in about 20 minutes.  I cooked some quinoa in the rice cooker, roasted some brussels sprouts, then tossed in some smoked salmon and goat cheese.  Super healthy and yummy in my tummy!

Dessert: Giant Frozen Oreo
Ok, not really.  It's a chocolate graham cracker with fat free cool whip that I tossed in the freezer about 2 hours before consuming.  It seriously tasted like a giant frozen Oreo, though.

Now that I've bombarded you with my day of eating, I thought I'd let you know that I am now a contributing  writer at a totally awesome food blog called Endless Simmer.

They will be featuring some of my original recipes each week.  Check out my first post here:

Sweet Potato, Butterscotch, Bacon and Goat Cheese Quesadilla (not a typo!).


Also, I fixed the comments on the blog by randomly clicking stuff (that's also how I play video games), so I can now respond to comments!  Hooray :)

Have a nice rest of the week!

2 comments:

Little Miss Hungry said...

Oh man, what a great idea for a dessert...makes me think "why didn't I think of that?" Will definitely be doing that asap lol :)

Looking forward to that breakfast bread recipe!

Jessica said...

Your dessert sounds amazing! What a great idea!