Monday, April 30, 2012

Sour Cherry Chiller

Oy, I just realized I used the same background as Friday's breakfast muffin post.  Oh, well.  Forgive me.  I have stress.

I know Monday morning is probably not the best time to post a cocktail recipe, but I have my reasons.

You know how April 15th is like the busiest day for accountants doing personal tax returns?

Well, today is our April 15th.  It's nothing related to taxes, it's just a deadline for a program that we do in our office and it's like trying to do a week's worth (or more) of work in one day.

So things are about to get heavy over here.

I know this cocktail will be in my immediate future to decompress from this day.

But you don't really need an excuse like mine to enjoy this super easy drink.  A warm and sunny spring day by the pool would do just fine ;)

Sour Cherry Chiller
serves 1

2 shots of rum (4 oz)
handful of frozen cherries
juice from 1 lime
ice
diet lemon lime soda

I used a pint mason jar and attached it to my blender (here's a how to).  Put in your mason jar lime juice, rum, frozen cherries and a couple cubes of ice, top with lemon lime soda & blend until smooth.
I garnished mine with a cocktail cherry from the fridge.

Seriously awesome.

2 comments:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

YUM!! I need to come to your house for drinks ;)

Renee-The Hungry Monster said...

Sounds like a plan, Kelley!