Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gift Idea Wednesdays: Felt Ornaments



There are seriously only 31 days until Christmas. Don't panic-I got some cute gift ideas coming your way ;)

I love giving little bags of treats to people for Christmas. Last year, along with some candy bark and cookies, I attached a cute felt ornament to each treat bag.

An ornament on its own is a nice gift to give people-that way, they always think of you when they hang it on their tree.

These felt ornaments are fun to make and you can kind of take them in different directions by adding your own "flair."

Here's a handy guideline of supplies I used to make these three:



The snowman is definitely my favorite-he's just so darling :)





The tree is a new one I just came up with. It's a bit of a nod to the movie Inception...like a tree within a tree. Mind boggling stuff.

Anyways, to find the shape of your desired ornament, do a Google image search for "snowman outline" or "gingerbread ornament shape."



These would be fun to make while you are waiting on the turkey to cook!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone :)

3 comments:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

ohh.. what pretty ornaments. love them Renee :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Karen said...

So cute! The snowman is adorable. Great gift ideas:)
Karen@PocketFullofPink

Anonymous said...

Prob ur newest follower. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ur stuff!!!! My DD is hosting Christmas this year for the first time. YIKES! She has 2 adorable kitty chillens & is afraid of ornaments. These are P-E-R-F-E-C-T!! Yes, I WAS spellin & yellin back there! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!! Thot I would fill some w/ catnip for the kids!
ChelleBee kweenbee_612@yahoo.com