I have not been making many desserts lately. It is out of character for me.
I'm kind of on a meal plan in hopes that jeans won't feel so dang tight.
So forgive me for the lack of sweet recipes.
This teeny dessert is so yummy and good for people watching their waistlines ;)
You can make it with all full-fat/sugar stuff if you want, but I promise you, nobody will be able to tell the difference.
Would I lie to you?
No. I would not.
Ok, so here's how I made this yummy dessert.
Skinny Mini Layered Pumpkin Pies in a Jar*
8 oz canning jars (or you could make these in wine glasses-that'd be cute)
Prepared vanilla pudding (I used sugar free, fat free french vanilla)
Pumpkin fluff (recipe to follow)
Crushed up gingersnap cookies
Caramel sundae syrup (I used sugar free)
Layer all this stuff in a jar.
Pretty simple instructions.
Top with caramel + nuts.
adapted from a vague memory of a WW recipe
Cool Whip (I used fat free)
1/2 can pumpkin puree
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp dry vanilla pudding mix
1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Mix it up in the Cool Whip container. Save it in the fridge for dipping cookies or fruit or to replace regular Cool Whip in or on other recipes. Or just to eat with a spoon. 'Cuz it's yummy.
*I just made two of these "pies," but you could probably make 6-8 with this recipe.
Also, I got another bloggy award this week.
Kelley at The Grant Life gave me this Tell Me About Yourself Award.
The rules for this award are:
1.I must tell 7 things about myself
2.I pass this on to 15 other bloggers
1. I have 2 cats who are totally my children. I have now turned into a cat lady, it’s true.
2. I have a BA in English Lit that I am totally not using in my paper pushing job.
3. It is a rare occasion when a day goes by where I don’t eat popcorn.
4. I am the world’s slowest texter. I don’t know why. I’m fast at typing…
5. I am like seriously addicted to Pinterest. I have lost hours. Hours, people!
6. My favorite time of day is early morning. I love drinking coffee and enjoying the peacefulness of the beginning of the day.
7. I love clearance shopping, especially at Target.
Ok, so those are my things about me.
Does anyone else feel like these bloggy awards are kind of like chain letters?
Well, I’m going to pass this to 15 other bloggers, but don’t feel pressured to continue the “chain.” Life will go on if you do not force 15 other people to participate.
Here's some great blogs that I am passing the award on to (participation is totally optional):
Regardless of if these other bloggers choose to join in the fun of this award thingy, they are all awesome blogs and you should go check them out!