Saturday, July 23, 2011

Caturday & Some Cookies

Meet Baby


And Boscoe


There is nothing my cats love more than a box. Seriously. We are going to be moving in the next few months so I started to bring boxes home to get packed and organized. Clearly, that is not going to happen, because the cats have totally commandeered all of our boxes. Oh, well. It's entertaining, plus I get to procrastinate on my packing a little :)
Ok, on to cookies.
I needed some cookies last night, so rather than just chocolate chip cookies I jazzed it up a little.


Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips
Makes 2 Dozen

Ingredients
1 c All Purpose Flour
1/2 c Bread Flour*
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 stick Smart Butter
1/2 c Brown Sugar**
1/2 c Sugar
1 Egg White***
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 c Chocolate Chips
1/2 c Peanut Butter Chips
1 c Crushed/Chopped Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugars, add in egg and vanilla and combine. Mix dry ingredients in another bowl then mix everything together. Add in your chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and pretzels. Form golf ball sized balls of dough with your hands or use cookie scoop & put cookies on your parchment (or Silpat) lined cookie sheets. Bake in the oven for about 8-9 minutes. Let the cookies rest on the pan for about 2 minutes, then transfer to your cookie racks to cool.
Recipe adapted from: A Pinch of Yum


A few notes about this recipe:
*You can just use all purpose flour.
**Next time I will increase the brown sugar for a chewier cookie
***Also, next time I will use a whole egg, because the egg white made the cookies a little crumbly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These look yummy! I love the peanut butter, chocolate, pretzel combo! I just found your blog today! :)
http://www.sugarandspiceandallthingsiced.com/