Friday, July 29, 2011

Black Rasberry Mojito

I don’t feel like there is any recipe more appropriate for a Friday, than a cocktail recipe. This is a great drink for summer. I remember the first time I tried a mojito. My brother loves them and let me have a sip of his at Bahama Breeze. It was too sugary, as most of their drinks are. But I soon found that you can lighten it up at home and save money to boot.

Speaking of my brother, he and Sarah just welcomed my new nephew in to the world yesterday. Congratulations D.J. & Sarah!!

Ok, back to alcohol.

I did not take any pics of this recipe, but here is a picture of Chambord, so you don’t wander around the liquor store like a dork looking for it (not that this happened to me or anything):



Pretty, huh? I got the tiny bottle. And I got the Bacardi Silver in a pint size.

Black Raspberry Mojito
makes 1 drink

6 mint leaves
¼ of a lime, cut in wedges
2 tbsp clear rum
1 tbsp Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
Ice
1 C Sprite Zero

Put mint leaves and limes in glass and muddle until mint leaves are slightly broken up. Pour in rum and Chambord and stir. Fill glass with ice and top with Sprite Zero.
Adapted from: http://cookincowgirl.blogspot.com/

No comments: