Friday, May 25, 2012

10 Things I'm Loving

I get obsessed with stuff.  I'm sure you are the same way.

When things strike me and I become obsessed, I must consume them.  That sounded weird.

Let me just say as an example:  when I discover & like a TV show that is new to me, I basically do a marathon thing and watch all the episodes in a small amount of time.  That's what I mean by consume.

I might love the show forever.  I might get over it in a few weeks.

But currently, I'm obsessing over these things (not in any particular order):

1. gifs

Gifs are basically moving pictures, mostly about pop culture.  Which doesn't sound all that exciting, but most of the time they are hilarious.
I like these two sites to view gifs, or you can just Google "funny gif" and find your own:
So what's the point?  Well, they are fun to look through and giggle, but you can also insert a gif into an email or on your blog to increase its awesomeness or you can use a gif as your email signature.  Here's the gif under my email signature:


2. eos lip balm

I first saw this cute egg shaped balm on The Small Things Blog and thought it sounded cool, but moved on.  Until I was on the chapstick aisle at Walgreens and saw its egg-y cuteness.  I bought it on a whim and am so glad I did.  I got the honey dew flavor, and I love how it feels on my lips!


3. rainbow toenails

Can you see my flip flop tan line?!  I painted my toes in a rainbow of shades from my ever growing drawer of nail polishes, and I love them!  So happy and fun for summer.  I actually did a rainbow thing last year, too and someone jokingly asked, "How old are you again?"  Um, old enough to know that rainbow toes are super cool and timeless!

4. Tom Perrotta Books
THE ABSTINENCE TEACHER

I am loving every book I've read so far of his!  I got about half way through The Leftovers and went to the library and checked out every single one of his books!  He writes really well.  The stories and characters are so engaging.  If you are looking for some new reads, check out Tom Perrotta.

5. healthy living blogs

It's no secret that I love me some blogs!  I spend a good amount of my time perusing blogs of all sorts.  Lately, I am really loving healthy living blogs.  Here are some of my current faves:


Check them out, if you haven't already.  All of them provide great ideas for workouts and meals, while blogging about their daily lives.

6. my little grill

I got this little grill for free from my boss, who won it in a contest.  I thought it seemed pretty dinky and didn't think I'd get much use out of it.  I was wrong.  It is perfect, because I can use it easily myself, it cooks pretty quickly and evenly and it's a good size for two people (or up to 6 people).  I have been using it lately 2-3 times a week.  It's actually designed to be a tailgating grill, hence the coolers on the bottom.  I haven't used the coolers, but I guess I have them if I ever need them!

7. frozen yogurt

Ok, if you are not obsessed with self-service frozen yogurt places, I don't even know who you are anymore.  I mean, seriously.  A place where you can create your own art in a bowl and then eat it.  Genius, I tell you.  And they are definitely making their money by weighing it!!

8. frog toggs
Whew!  It gets hot in the south, especially if you like to exercise outside.  I got one of these cooling towels at Bed Bath and Beyond last year, and it is about time to break that bad boy out again.  It is like a bandana that when wet, it stays cool to the touch.  It's great to put on your neck during a long walk when it is hot outside.  It looks like they might be either discontinuing them (why???) or selling out quickly, so if you are into it, here's a few places that may still have them.


9. fresh flowers from my own yard

It's pretty sweet to be able to go outside and cuts some flowers for your fancy mason jars.  Definitely a perk :)

10. watermelon

This one is obvious, if you read my WIAW posts or if you noticed my new blog header!  I also cracked open The Pioneer Woman's new cookbook, and it magically opened up to a watermelon granita recipe.  I'm intrigued.  This will probably be happening in my future.

For the sake of brevity, I kept this list of my current obsessions to 10.  But I seriously could go on and on with more things I am loving!  Maybe I'll save them for another day ;)

Have a safe and super fun Memorial Day weekend, all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Renee you have really pretty feet! love the rainbow toes!