Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIAW: Chicken Burrito Bowl

Wednesday in the house!!!

Okay, maybe I've had too much iced coffee this morning.

I can't be held accountable for the silly things I say, because I'm clearly under the influence of caffeine.  Or maybe I'm just naturally weird.

So let's look at what this weird lady ate today:

Peas and Crayons

Oh, by the way, I totally have Instagram envy.  I feel like I need to edit my own photos taken on my normal camera to look like they were taken with Instagram (using picmonkey).  It's a new trend I'm starting.  It's called too cheap to buy a smart phone trend.

The name needs work.

Breakfast, Part #1: Luna Bar
I love this flavor of Luna bar!  It's almost a little sweet, though.  I enjoyed this bar (aside Boscoe the cat) before 5 a.m. boot camp.  Killer workout today.  I feel like I won't be able to walk tomorrow!

Breakfast, Part #2: Coffee & Oats
Usually food is my first necessity, but today it was iced coffee!  I drank two lil' mason jars of this yummy beverage.  I made it using a super strong amount of Target's iced coffee blend, some Equal (ok, off brand Equal) packets, sugar free caramel syrup and almond milk.  Oh, and ice-duh.

Then, I needed food in my belly.
I love oats in a jar!  I made some overnight oats in my almost empty almond butter jar last night, combining 2/3 cup of quick oats, 2/3 cup almond milk, sprinkle of cinnamon, drizzle of honey and frozen blueberries.  Soooo good, ya'll!

Mid Morning Snack: Watermelon
Oh, yeah, you are going to see alot of watermelon on this blog for the next few months!

Lunch: Sandwich & Veggies
I was in a sandwich mood today, so I made a sandwich using a wheat Bagel Thin, deli turkey & roast beef, provolone and pickles & banana peppers.  I had a side of carrots & cukes dipped in hummus.

The weather was so nice today!  I really enjoyed sitting on the back patio of our office area to eat lunch.
Dining al fresco makes me happy.  And yes, my pinkie is always up.  I'm fancy.

After lunch, I headed back to my desk to do tediously boring tasks.  I managed to squeeze in some dessert, though!
Dessert: Vita Cake 
I always have these little Vita Cakes stashed in my freezer for a low calorie treat.  I like the Vita Tops, too.

Afternoon Snack: Rice Cake
I never cared much for rice cakes (or so I thought), but smear a caramel flavored rice cake with peanut butter or almond butter and you got yourself an awesome snack.
I noshed on this before heading out to do some dreaded yard work.

Dinner: Chicken Burrito Bowl 
This was a super filling and nutritious dinner!  It was loosely inspired by those naked burrito bowls at Moe's.  I think my version kicks theirs to the curb.  Here's the line up:
  • brown rice
  • black beans
  • corn
  • salsa
  • grilled chicken
  • shredded cheese
  • fresh avocado
  • chipotle crema (ok, it is actually sour cream blended with some hot salsa)

So awesome.  Here's a non-fake Instagram version of the picture in case you want to pin this to Pinterest: 
Betcha can't guess what was for dessert...
Desert: Fro Yo Cone!
Yes, I am utterly predictable.  

Have a great day!

Check out my past What I Ate Wednesdays, if you want:


3 comments:

Caroline @ After Dinner Dance said...

I'll have to try that flavor Luna bar - I absolutely love the cliff kid iced oatmeal cookie bars!

Sara said...

aw man im jealous of your frozen yogurt cone. want some of that now!

Debbie said...

Enjoying your blog. If you like rice cakes you should try REal Foods corn cakes. Much better and addicting as they are thinner and crunchier