Thursday, March 22, 2012

Skinny Paloma Cocktail

My husband and I had a date night at Bahama Breeze the other night, mostly because I wanted to eat on a patio and they happen to have one.

Come to find out, they have new skinny/healthy options on the menu.  I was very excited and proceeded to order the skinny paloma, red pepper hummus with veggies and a giant salad loaded with 5 kinds of fruit.  I was stuffed with fruits and veggies.  Of course, I could have made that all at home, but it's nice to go out and have someone else make stuff for you, occasionally :)

With the cocktail though, it tasted exactly what I've been drinking at home lately & a double take at the menu proved it was exactly the same.  So I'm keeping my recipe, but stealing their name.

Skinny Paloma Cocktail
serves 1
  • 2 oz tequila (or more if you want it stronger)
  • 4 oz (1/2 cup) grapefruit juice (I used a reduced calorie, low sugar juice)
  • crushed ice
  • diet lemon lime soda
  • optional-raw sugar for the rim

Dip the rim in water and dip in sugar.  This raw sugar has big ole crystals, so it looks a little patchy.  You could also use salt on the rim if you are into that.
Pour the tequila in the glass first, followed by the grapefruit juice.  
Scoop in a handful or two of crushed ice and top with lemon lime soda.
It is the perfect relaxation drink for watching the Project Runway Allstars Finale!  Go Mondo :)
*note~I wrote this post after watching Project Runway Allstars Finale Part 1 & have no idea who won the finale as of yet.  I watch my shows on the computer a few days after they actually air.
For a good time, check out my other mixed drinks:

Cheers!

1 comment:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Yummm. Is it too early for one of these? :)

Ps.. make sure to link this yummy drink up today!