Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Let's talk books, shall we?

I cannot say enough awesome stuff about this book:
Novel Birthmarked Book Cover 
And the second book in the series was just as good.
Novel Prized Book Cover 

I am sooo on the edge of my seat for book #3 that will be out Fall 2012!

So, the Birthmarked trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brien is about a dystopian society where America is basically a wasteland with limited resources.  The only chance for survival is to have strict policies and procedures by the Enclave, which is like their government.  The main character, Gia is a 16 year old mid-wife trained by her mother who is also a mid-wife.  She delivers babies and the first five babies of each month have to go to the Enclave to be given to the elite families.  Pretty intense, right?
I don't want to give too much away, so I'm going to stop there.  But get to the library (or bookstore, Amazon or ereader) and get a hold of this book and the next one, Prized, too.
If you liked the Hunger Games, you will love this.  I loved the HG & feel like this one is just as good, for real.

Other books I've read lately are:

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) 
This book is pretty funny and such a quick read.  It is a memoir of this actress/writer, best known for her role as Kelly on The Office.  Really cute tales of her life and road to success.

The First Husband by Laura Dave
The First Husband: A Novel 
Just finished this one last night.  It was a quick read, also.  Plus the library only had the large print, so I could basically read it from across the room (which is fun).  This book is about a travel writer who thinks everything in her life is working out until things change rapidly.  So she is on a mission to be the opposite of herself on her journey towards happiness.  This book is a light read, kind of chick-lit, but I liked it.

Anyways, be sure to check out these books if you are looking for a new and interesting book.
If you have any book recommendations for me, I'd love to hear them ;)

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Im always looking for good books to read! Thanks for the recommendations! :)