Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Candy Bark



I guess I'm in the spirit of Halloween now. My nephew and I decided to make some candy bark.

Or I decided to and he decided to munch on all the fixings, including the melty chocolate bowl.

Well, it came together pretty easily.

Here's what we used:



White chocolate chips
Milk chocolate chips
Vegetable oil (not pictured)
Halloween cookies (wanted the orange Oreos, but they were out at the store)
Pretzels
Candy corn
Candy corn M+Ms
Orange and black sprinkles

Lay some wax paper on a cookie sheet and have your helper sprinkle a little of each kind of candy, cookie, pretzel and sprinkle all over the wax paper.

Melt some chocolate chips in the microwave with a touch of oil (maybe 1-2 tsp) for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until melty.

Pour the chocolate on the candy mix on the wax paper. Then repeat with the white chocolate and drag a spoon around to sort of swirl it.

Pop the tray in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes for the chocolate to set.

Break up pieces with your hands and enjoy.



I personally found this to be too sweet, but we packaged most of it up to share with family and friends. Everyone else seemed to like it. I was probably burned out on all the sugar I ate while making these!

While the chocolate is setting, here is another fun pumpkin painting project to do.



We taped the face on one side by putting a rectangle for eyes, nose and mouth and then drawing what we wanted with a pen. Next I carefully cut the tape around our drawn design with my X-acto knife and peeled off the extra.

My 5 year old nephew wrote his and his newborn brother's name on the opposite side and I cut out the letter shapes with the tape.

Then we painted the pumpkin with acrylic paint and removed the tape.

This pumpkin project was inspired by Young House Love.

2 comments:

MsFoxsSweets said...

Your candy bark looks delish! YUM!

Unknown said...

Those cookie bars like so yummy! Following you back :)