Monday, October 3, 2011

Berry Infused Vodka



Come on, what is more appropriate for a Monday morning than berry vodka? Ok, lots of other stuff would be better for a Monday a.m. post, but I'm going with this. I saw this idea at Keep it Simple Foods on Friday and had to make it immediately. Not sure why. They have berry infused vodka right next to the regular vodka for the same price. Whatever. Just pretend that I had regular vodka and berries lying around the house looking for a purpose. This is their purpose in life.

Here's what I used:



I put the berries in a mason jar and filled it up with vodka. Pay no attention to the fact that the jar pictured is half empty. Or is it half full? I'm going with half full-I'm feeling positive today.
Let the berries and vodka sit covered in the fridge for 24 hours (if you can stand it). This goes great with lots of mixers, I'm sure, but I tried it with lemonade (pretty good) and Diet Cranberry Sierra Mist (so good).

This is a seasonal item that I love and wish they carried year round!



Oops. Forgot to tell you-strain your vodka, then mix with chosen mixer. Garnish with alcohol soaked berries.

Hey-it's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?
Just kidding, I don't condone drinking at 9 a.m. We should all wait until at least 5 o'clock for reals.




1 comment:

Amanda Anne said...

Loving this blog! And as I scrolled down this totally caught my eye - I <3 vodka!! And I have all this stuff in the house right now - I can't wait to try it and am a happy follower.

Thanks for stopping by my little blog and leaving such a nice comment.
Amanda
scrapproject365.blogspot.com