Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Single Serving Fudge Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting



I eat dessert every day. I usually have some froyo in a cone, but I ran out. So, I was experimenting with a single serve dessert.

I'm sure you all remember my four cookie recipe.

This is kind of like that, except it is for one person. Seriously, if you know someone else is going to be mooching your dessert, don't make this. Or double the recipe. This is the kind of dessert that encourages selfishness.

Although this fudgy cake is decadent and topped with peanut butter frosting it is super diet friendly. There is a secret ingredient. It's pumpkin. Oh. Not so secret anymore. Well, don't worry. This dessert is straightforward chocolate and peanut butter. No pumpkin taste to be found.



Agh! It's so yummy! Ok, I better tell you how to make this so you can get to it.

Single Fudge Cake

3 tbsp devil's food cake mix
2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tbsp lite milk (I used almond milk)
*optional-splash of vanilla OR sprinkle of cinnamon (I used cinnamon)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a ramekin or single muffin tin vessel with non-stick spray. Mix all your ingredients and then pour them in your ramekin or muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes (maybe less if in a muffin tin).

While that is cooking, prepare your frosting.

Peanut Butter Frosting

3 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (I used Skippy super chunk)
1 tbsp pumpkin puree

Mix this up then pop in the freezer for about 5 minutes or so.

Optional garnishes: sprinkles and sugar free chocolate syrup




You must try this, because I'm not sharing any of mine!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by to see me! I hope you will try the kale chili. I loved it, and the kale is a great 'filler' to help that pot of chili last a little further.

P.S. This cake looks delicious!

Miriam said...

There's no going wrong with fudge and peanut butter together. Delicious!!

Hope said...

Looks delicious! I'll have to try it.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

This is awesome! I need more of these kind of recipes...because I eat dessert every day too. And usually it's 7 handfuls of whatever is in the cabinet. ;)

The Better Baker said...

I use this recipe often, but have never thought to bake it in a ramekin. I adore the idea of having one all to oneself. =)

Free eBooks Daily said...

Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it.

I am a new GFC follower. Hope you can stop by my blog and follow me back. http://www.freeebooksdaily.com/

Amy Anderson said...

This recipe is featured this weekend. Thanks for linking up at A Little Nosh this week!