Friday, August 10, 2012

Healthy BBQ Ritz Chicken


 I walk a lot around the neighborhood and I see lots of stuff on these walks.  Mostly, I see discarded stuff.  And my brain is weird.  It always wants to make up a story surrounding the stuff.  Here’s an example, so you don’t think I’m crazy.

Well, you might still think I’m crazy, but at least you’ll get what I’m talking about.

You know Monster energy drinks?  Well there was a crushed can of said energy drink on my walk today.  Here’s the story I came up with.

This guy is just really worn out.  He’s had a hard week and he is dragging his feet, so he buys an energy drink to put some pep in his step.  He did not anticipate the incredible surge of energy that he received from this powerful beverage.  He is so overwhelmed that he crushes the can with his hand, chucks it to the ground and takes off sprinting down the road waving his arms above his head.

I just want to somehow justify this guy’s littering, I guess.

This weird anecdote has nothing to do with this chicken.

Just wanted to make that clear.   
                                                             
So, chicken…it’s such a common thing and I’m sure we’ve all consumed many variations.

I had no intention to blog about this recipe, but I tasted it and I felt like it needed to be shared with the world.

Healthy BBQ Ritz Chicken
Serves 4

1 sleeve whole wheat Ritz crackers
Lite BBQ sauce (like Kraft’s)
Salt & pepper
4 chicken breasts, pounded and cut into strips

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Crush your crackers and lay the crumbs on a plate.
Salt and pepper your chicken strips, then brush them with BBQ sauce.  Dip them in crushed crackers and arrange on a baking sheet.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
I served mine on some roasted asparagus with fresh parmesan.


Have a great weekend, all!
Be sure to check out my cocktail trio at Endless Simmer:

No comments: