Hey, guys! I made you a drink this week.
You deserve to kick up your feet and enjoy one last Summer mojito.
Hmm, maybe I was talking to myself just then. It happens.
This recipe is so super simple and it makes one perfect drink.
Ginger Peach & Basil Mojito
¼ peach, peeled and diced
3 fresh basil leaves
A shot or two of rum
Ginger ale (I used diet, because that’s how I roll)
Ok, time for another random Renee post. I seriously cannot resist a survey (I was on myspace years ago just for the silly surveys-it’s true), so when Lily at Needles, Eggshells and Hairspray (go check her out-she's awesome) tagged me with a Liebster Blog award...I had to at least answer the questions.
Sorry, I'm not going to tag anyone in this, because I break chain letters and live on the edge.
I answered her questions and the questions she gave...so don't read it if you don't want to (‘cuz it’s lengthy), but I'm answering them (and you can’t stop me)!
1. What was the title of your very first post and what was it about?
Well, my first post was not really about anything (I don't think it even had a title) except that I threw a wine and cheese party for my Mom's birthday. I was so proud of my flourless chocolate cake that I started a blog. I feel like I have come a long way since then as far as content and picture quality.
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I talked a bit about that here, but basically I get cranky when I'm hungry and the hungry monster comes out if I am not fed like immediately.
3. Do you have an underground blog or does everyone in your world know you write it?
I don't tend to bring it up in person unless someone else does. Sometimes people brag on it and it embarrasses me. But, yeah, my boss doesn't know about it and I guess just family and friends know that I write a blog.
4. Have you ever had to deal with negative comments?
Not really on this blog, but on Endless Simmer there have been some not so nice comments. Nothing terrible, but sometimes I get unsolicited advice about my recipes. Whatever, I'll take it like a man and it will only make me stronger.
5. What is your worst pet peeve?
Whistling. There, I said it. Quit whistling, people. Also, people who have no manners. That always gets me.
6. Do you think it's important to respond to every comment?
Erm, I hope not, because I'm not great about that. I read comments and cherish them, but for some reason I feel like nobody will see the response if I reply. I don't know how the internet works, apparently.
7. Do you blog for money? If yes, has it been worth it?
I don't on this blog, but my contributing recipes earn a little cash. I think it is worth it, because I get to really be creative in my original recipes and I get my name out there.
8. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. One day. What would you eat?
My breakfast today was pretty boss. So I'd do that. Breakfast--Bagel Thin with Swiss cheese wedge, smoked salmon and a fried egg. Lunch--a giant salad with protein and Dinner--veggie pizza of some sort.
Haters are probably gonna hate that I answered mostly healthy stuff on this one, but it makes me feel good, so whatever.
9. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
Ms. Ramsey, my 5th grade science teacher. She actually made me like science for the first time ever. We made ice cream in a bag. 'Nuff said.
10. At this moment in your life, are you content?
Kinda yeah and no (that's my Dad's famous ambiguous answer to all things). I am content in myself, but always striving to be more. I have alot of goals and dreams that I have yet to tackle, but no regrets. All the crap that has happened in life led me to this moment. So I'm alright with it.
11. Do you see yourself blogging for the long haul?
Ok, here’s the questions the Lil-ster gave me:
1) What inspired you to start a blog?
I needed something to fill my time, because my job is super boring and not intellectually stimulating at all. Plus, I have hobbies and stuff that I want to share.
2) You're stranded on a deserted island... cliche i know but always fun to imagine. so what craft supply , ingredient, and/or style product can you not live without? Why?
This is a hard question. Craft supply—colored floss/string. I could see myself making some friendship bracelets for the people that rescue me. Ingredient—maybe like some canned meats or something. I’m thinking survival here, not taste. Style product—really? Um, chapstick, I guess.
3) How long did it take you to come up with a name for your blog? Why did you choose what you finally decided on?
Oooh, I answered this one above. Check it out ;)
4) What has been your proudest moment that you have blogged about?
I have a lot of fails in my attempts at cooking/crafting and those never make it to the blog. So whatever I post on here, I’m proud enough to show it off, so yeah.
5) Where did you learn your skill (cooking/crafting/style)? Were you professionally taught? Skills handed down in family? Or just a natural all on your own (if so, lucky dog you)?
I don’t really think of myself as having skills; I am just willing to try new things. I taught myself all the stuff I do, with some help from the internet and magazines maybe.
6) What was the very first completed project/dish you blogged about?
I could totally go look this up, but I’m just going to guess that it was a Greek meatball sandwich.
7) Which celebrity or public figure (past or present) do you admire most and why?
I really love the comedian Louis C.K. I would like to be his unlikely best friend, because he’s real, he’s hilarious and I just adore him.
8) Who do you aim to reach with your blog?
See answer to last question ;) Just kidding. I’d like to reach people who have never tried to cook/craft and maybe teach them that it’s not all that hard. It’s all about trial and error and just making it work (yes, I kind of invoked Tim Gunn).
9) How often do you read other people's blogs? Which types of blogs get your attention?
I spend most of my weekdays reading blogs. I follow a lot of foodie blogs, craft blogs and healthy living blogs.
10) What subjects do you avoid on your blog?
I try not to be negative on the internet, in general. I’m never going to talk about religion or politics or whine about being in a bad mood. I don’t like drama, so that is the reason for that.
11) What is your favorite quote and why? (doesn't have to be official... can be something your kid said or you heard on TV... just something awesome)
Ok, that’s done. If you read all these Q&As about me, we are probably qualified to be best friends now. So go follow me on Twitter, already ;)
Have a great week, y’all!