Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WIAW: Beans Before 5 A.M.

Wow, it's Wednesday already!  You know what that means ;)

What I Ate Wednesday!!!  I know you are excited.

Peas and Crayons
This challenge comes from Peas and Crayons blog.


Breakfast Part #1: PBJ Wasa & Espresso Beans

I didn't feel like eating much before 5 a.m. bootcamp this morning, so I smeared some reduced fat peanut butter & fruit with fiber grape jelly on a Wasa cracker.  I also ate 3 chocolate covered espresso beans, because I figured it couldn't hurt to have some caffeine in me.

Breakfast Part #2: Green Smoothie, Coffee
This morning totally flew by and before I knew it, it was time to rush out the door.  So I made a quick smoothie and coffee to go (check my new french press, ya'll).  Smoothie contained: 3 handfuls of fresh spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, some random strawberries, pineapples and grapes that I had thrown in the freezer a while back, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and some almond milk.  It tasted like health.  Well, not really.  It tasted like a vanilla milkshake.

Mid Morning Snack: Cereal & Fruit 
Man, I was ready for this snack today.  I had 1/2 cup of Fiber Plus caramel crunch cereal and some fruit leftover from my Edible Arrangement:
So fresh and lovely :)

 Lunch: Panera
Gosh, could you tell I was hungry?  I started to dig in and then realized I forgot to snap a picture!  I had their Mediterranean Veggie sandwich on the whole grain loaf and a pickle.  I put the apple in my purse for later.
FYI-that Splenda was for my giant, unsweetened tea.
Here's what the inside of the sandwich looks like~yum!
Then back to the office for lots of kisses.  Ok, just 2 Hershey's coconut creme kisses:

Afternoon Snack: Carrots & Hummus

Hummus returns!  Well, this is actually the hummus I was eating 2 weeks ago.  Does hummus go bad?  Hm, it still tastes good, so whatever.  I just dipped a few baby carrots in there to get me through 'til dinner.

Dinner: Giant Sweet Potato, Black Bean Salad
 On my menu, I had planned to make black bean, sweet potato burritos, but wanted to amp up the veggies so I made it a giant salad & added some goat cheese & roasted veggies.


Veggie challenge: dominated.

Dessert: Ben & Jerry's Greek Yogurt

Despite how expensive this stuff is, I had to try it.  I got the blueberry graham flavor and thought it tasted pretty good.  If they wanted to make it better, they should lower the fat/calories and add more graham cracker swirl, because it is incredible.  I probably won't buy it again, but it was good to give it a try.

If you missed my previous WIAW posts, here they are:

If you have a blog (or even if you don't), I'd suggest taking pictures of your food.  It definitely keeps you in check (more so than just writing it down).

Oh, guess what?
I posted another Hungry Monster original recipe at Endless Simmer this week.  

Need a teaser?
There you go...now go check it out!  Smackaroons: Coconut Crème Kiss Filled Macaroons


2 comments:

JoKnows said...

Everything looks yummy. Have a great (and delicious) week!

Elizabeth said...

The fruit looks SO delicious!