Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIAW: Stuffed Zucchini

Peas and Crayons

Breakfast Numero Uno: Gross Bar
I have one word to describe this bar~EWWW.  Well, I guess I'll describe it further.  It tasted like prunes (which are not bad on their own) with some artificial peanut butter and chocolate flavor.  Blech.  I managed to choke down half before my 5 a.m. boot camp workout.  Never again, Odwalla.

 Breakfast Numero Dos: Salmon & Egg
My second breakfast was a wheat bagel thin topped with a Laughing Cow garden vegetable cream cheese wedge and 1 scrambled egg with smoked salmon.  So flavorful and protein-filled (about 25 grams).  
I made a special iced coffee today, mimicking Tina's Peanut Butter Wonderful Iced Coffee.  I made a few changes, though.  Here's how I made it.
In my big mug, I put 1 tbsp cocoa, 3 sweetener packets and a few drops of vanilla extract.  I then brewed (straight into the mug) some super strong peanut butter cup coffee.  I stirred it up and let it cool while I got ready.  Then I poured it over ice and added almond milk.  Oh so delicious.

Mid Morning Snack: Yogurt
Nothing too exciting for snack today, but it is sensible for sure.  I had a blueberry Greek yogurt to hold me over until lunchtime.

 Lunch: Fancy Lunch-able
I made a fun bento box lunch today containing: 1 thick slice of deli ham, 2 slices of Swiss cheese, some Special K crackers/blueberries & strawberries/cucumber slices with red pepper hummus.  You gotta admit, this is more exciting than just having a sandwich for lunch ;)

 Afternoon Snack: Banana
Ok, I am being a little goofy today.  Overcompensation for tiredness, maybe?  Well, after pretending like I had a banana smile, I peeled and ate this banana to get my potassium on (helps with muscle cramping, y'all). 

Dinner: Stuffed Zucchini
You know dinner was really good when this was the best picture I could get before this was gone.  Well, actually I just ate one, because they were so filling!  I stuffed 4 zucchini halves with 1 egg, 1/4 c parmesan, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, ground turkey and some spices.  Then I topped it all with a little mozzarella and baked them on 400 degrees for 25 minutes.  Yum!

Of course, that was followed with a little of this...

In case you missed these, here's some yums from this past week:


2 comments:

Living, Learning, Eating said...

Haha, that's funny - I actually like the Odwalla bars! They could stand to be a touch less sweet though...

Living, Learning, Eating said...

Haha, that's funny - I actually like the Odwalla bars! They could stand to be a touch less sweet though...