Monday, June 25, 2012

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas

Gosh, pop music is cheesy.  Does anyone else totally analyze it like I do?  Well, I guess that doesn't stop me from listening to it.
It does leave me with some questions, though.

Are we supposed to really believe that a certain girl in One Direction's song doesn't know she's beautiful?  I mean, seriously.  She flips her hair and heads turn when she walks by.  I think she has some sort of idea.

Ok, and Biebs, I gotta ask you how exactly you are like Buzz Lightyear when you fly your hypothetical girlfriend all around the globe?  I mean, Buzz is a toy.  I don't guess I saw the 3rd Toy Story, so things might have changed with Buzz and maybe he flies his dates around the globe.  It seems to me that he has more pressing matters, like not getting sold or donated with the other toys.

I'm thinking Carly should maybe drop the "maybe" in her song, Call Me Maybe.  It's confusing.  Do you want him to call you or not?  I'm thinking you do.  Don't confuse the poor dude that you just met.

And did you guys know that Starships were meant to fly?  I really had no prior knowledge of their function prior to this song.

So, what does this have to do with enchiladas?
I'm going to make that connection with cheese.  Pop songs are cheesy and so are enchiladas.
But enchiladas have more staying power.
They just make sense.
So grab some healthy ingredients and get crackin'.
A whole wheat corn tortilla?  Yes, please!
Sweet potatoes and black beans are now soul mates.  Sweet potatoes take black beans and fly them across the globe.  It's an intensely delicious relationship.

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas
serves 4 

1 1/2 medium sweet potatoes
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 oz goat cheese
2 tsp fajita seasoning
salt to taste
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded white cheese
8 corn tortillas

Cooking your sweet potatoes is your first step.  I'm impatient, so I poked them with a fork, wrapped them up (in plastic wrap) and microwaved them.
Then take the peel off and smash 'em a little.  Throw in the black beans, fajita seasoning, salt and goat cheese.
Heat up the tortillas (again, with the microwave) and then start assembling.  Put a big spoonful or two of the filling into each tortilla, wrap them up and place them in a greased 9x13 pan.  Top with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Top them with avocado, sour cream and pico de gallo for a whole lotta awesome on a plate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering that I am on the biggest mexican kick right now - these sound perfect and I will have to make them!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

OH MY! Pinning this.. making this.. thinking about this all night long. YUM!

Six Sisters said...

This sounds so good! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please come back again really soon! Thanks! -The Sisters