Saturday, January 21, 2012

Healthy Food Ideas #3

This week's menu was full of good stuff.  So I'm just gonna get right into it.

First up, Sesame Chicken over Spaghetti Squash with Edamame and Carrots:

This meal was so good.  Great if you are craving Chinese food and want to incorporate some yummy veggies.  I used the sesame chicken recipe from this post.  If you have never tried spaghetti squash, get thee to the store right now & pick one up.  You can cook it easily by piercing the whole squash a few times with a knife and microwaving for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size).  Then you carefully cut it in half and scrape the little bit of seeds and pulp out and discard.  You can top it with endless amounts of delicious things.  Here's a recipe for a stuffed spaghetti squash, too.  Anyways, I tossed the squash in a light Asian sesame dressing (from Kraft, I think) and topped with edamame, shredded carrots and sesame chicken.  Yum!

I tried a new pancake recipe this week and it was pretty great.

Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes:

All you need is 3 ingredients to make this stack of filling and delicious pancakes: 2 egg whites, 3/4 cup of oatmeal (I used old fashioned oats) and one 6 oz container of Greek yogurt (any flavor~I used blueberry).  Blend all of these things up in your blender.  I used this mason jar technique on my blender to make it like one of those bullet blenders.  Then you make them like regular pancakes.  Top with sugar free syrup~FYI-Mrs Butterworth's has a sugar free option now.

Then, the most exciting recipe: a Big Ole Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie!
This pie is healthy because it does not use flour or eggs (and very little oil).
Stay tuned for the recipe on Monday~teaser alert!


Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

No comments: