Friday, October 21, 2011

Fabulous Fall Fridays: Rosemary Roast Chicken



Brrr!! Fall has definitely arrived in our ‘hood. Time to bust out an old Fall favorite: roast chicken. Really, roast chicken is good any time of year, but I love to make it when it gets cooler outside so it fills the house with warm, comforting smells.

It might sound intimidating to roast a chicken, but really it is not hard at all. The hardest part is talking yourself into putting your hand in a chicken butt. Enter the Ziploc baggie:



Ok, here’s your ingredients. Let’s get started.



Renee’s Super Easy Rosemary Roast Chicken

3-4 lb whole chicken
½ a lemon
Head of garlic
½ onion (oops-not pictured)
4-5 sprigs of rosemary
4 tbsp butter
Salt + pepper

Ok, unwrap your bird and rinse it in the sink. Stick your hand in (with baggie on your hand if you want) and pull out the package of grossness and discard. Go to your happy place while doing this. It only takes a minute. Go ahead and rinse in there while you are at it. Pat the chicken dry with some paper towels.

Now put some butter, salt and pepper under the skin and a bit on top of the skin also. Shove your rosemary (or whatever herb you want to use), lemon, garlic and onion up the rump. Ok, you’re pretty much done in there.
Put the prepped bird in a roasting pan and surround with whatever veggies you like. I just used potatoes, carrots and onion. Season your veggies and toss in some herb sprigs for extra flavor.

Now, if anyone were ever to buy me a roasting pan, it would probably not get much use in the kitchen. I don’t want one. I buy disposable ones because I want to throw them away and not wash them (plus, they are only like a buck). I know it is totally not “green” but I know if I had a roasting pan to wash, it would just sit on the counter and would not get washed until my mom happened to visit.

Roast at 400 degrees for about an hour and 15 minutes or until juices run clear (internal temperature of 180 F).



Yum yum! You should make this for someone you want to impress. Or just for yourself. The leftovers make great sandwiches!


Um, on an completely unrelated note: Have you seen this blog?

http://ryangoslingdisneylandcats.tumblr.com
So hilarious! Features pictures of Ryan Gosling at Disneyworld with cats. For some reason I find this amusing. Here’s one of my favorites:



Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

Regan said...

This looks amazing! I LOVE me a roast chicken. I think I'll have to try this

Thanks for stopping by, I'm following you back

Amy Anderson said...

Laughing so hard at you putting your hand in a ziploc!

Thanks for linking up at A Little Nosh this week!

Renee-The Hungry Monster said...

Oh, that's not normal? ;)

Sissy said...

Just lettin ya know, I tried the roast chicken today and it was good as advertised!
I am your newest follower, would you follow me back, please?