Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gift Idea Wednesdays: Chalkboard Mug



I really love chalkboard paint. Now that I have it in spray paint form I kind of want to spray everything in the house and make it a chalkboard. This can't be normal.

So to focus my chalkboard spray paint trigger happy self, I am presenting a new gift idea with only 59 days until Christmas!

This is a really easy gift to throw together, and you could totally make several at once. Remember to tell the person that you gift it to that it is hand wash only!

I used a mug that I already had, chalkboard spray paint and painter's tape.



I got out my trusty spray paint box.



So, basically tape off the mug, spray it, let it dry before peeling off the tape and you are done!

I made a quick mug rug to include in the gift, but did not do a tutorial for it. It is basically a hot pad for your mug. It is just rectangles of fabric with a piece of fleece in the middle. If you want to make one, here is a good tutorial: The Split Stitch

Anyways, the chalkboard mug could be for anyone of any age.

You can write notes to a special someone:



Reminders for yourself:



Or bring out your artistic side:



Make it for someone awesome and spread the joy of chalk.

**As you can see, my paint line is not perfect where I peeled off the tape. Remember that nail polish remover and a q-tip will alleviate this. So pretend I did that and it looks flawless, okay?

31 comments:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

ahhhhmazing :) I love this! I have been obsessed with chalkboard paint for awhile. I am going to try this now.. and will probably add it to my 10 under $10 series! woohoo!

Edohpa said...

OMG this is so cool. I am definitely making these for all the little ones in my family for Christmas.. :)

Following from Blog Hop and thanks for stopping by mine.
http://insidemyheadwithkelli.blogspot.com/
Kelli

Nishana said...

Awww... I love this. Great idea.

Btw, thank you for stopping by and following us. Returning the favor. Hoping to see your around very often.

Michelle said...

What a clever idea, I haven't had the pleasure of using chalkboard paint yet, but am dying to try. Thanks for stopping by space :)

Gena said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog! This is a great idea!!!

captainfussybuckets.com

Heather Nelsen said...

Hi Renee! That is so cute!! Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you back! http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/

Shelly @A Creative Space said...

Oooooooh! I like this! Thanks for the idea!

Candice said...

What a fun idea...great job! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back :)

http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

Veronica Lee said...

How clever!! Love the idea!

Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog.
Have a nice day!

Party Of Four said...

CUTE! I have a ton of extra chalkboard paint. I think I now have a new project. Thanks for stopping by and following. Love your blog and I am now following back!

Babblings and More said...

SO CUTE!!!
We are following you back from the Blog Hop!
Brooke from babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

Mandi @ Southern Gnome said...

What a great idea. Perfect for a teacher.
Coming over from the Terrific Thursday blog hop.

Tina @ Mamas Like Me said...

What an adorable idea! Thanks for stopping by Mamas Like Me! Following you now :)

Ellen said...

What a great teacher's gift idea for the holidays!

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward for more great, creative ideas! ~ Ellen

Michele Alger said...

I WANT, I WANT!! Gotta make my whole family these so we only use one a day...thanks for the practical and great idea ;)

khaay said...

CREATIVE! & I'm loving it! <3333

- your new follower!

Mom Fashion World said...

That's an awesome idea.
I like those mugs!

Thank you very much for your comment!
I'm now following you back via GFC.
So see you around.

Lisa said...

Terrific idea!

Salma @ Chasing Rainbow said...

I like it, my kids would love it too.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am a new follower.

Have a great week!

Katherines Corner said...

How fun Renee, I had no idea it came in spray paint form. What a fun idea to do a mug. Hugs!

Wendy said...

Great idea! Thanks for visiting my blog today giving you a follow back.

Audrey said...

New follower! Love this idea! Just bought the paint....trying to decide what to spray!
Audrey

Hines-Sight said...

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today. You have so many creative ideas. I look forward to reading more.

Leigh

maiylah said...

such a cool idea! LOVE it!

thanks for the follow; followed you back :)

Cherished Events said...

Cute! I love this! Great for holiday gifts. Following you back.

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

So great!! never thought of a mug...love :)

Lina
Fancy Frugal Life

rebecca said...

Love this!!!! Totally awesome. i didn't even know they sold chalk spray in a can. I need to buy this and can totally think of a million things to make all chalkboard-y ..lol..Thanks so much for sharing

craftedniche said...

Great idea!

Danielle said...

What a fun idea1 I love it!

Danielle said...

just pinned it:>

Liz Schiefen said...

Great idea for all those advertising mugs. I can make a matching set!