Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WIAW: Grilled Philly-ish Chicken


Well, hello and Happy Wednesday!  It's that time again for me to share my food stuff.  I realize I'm severely lacking in creativity lately, but I think it's the weather.
Hot weather makes me want grilled stuff.  So forgive me if my dinners look exactly the same for the next 3-4 months ;)

Peas and Crayons

Breakfast: Waffles & Fruit

You know how you eat with your eyes and all that jazz?  I think that is particularly true when you have a fruity flower formation on your Nutrigrain low fat waffles.  Eating breakfast was even more joyful than usual ;)  Coffee (with way too much creamer?) X 2 on the side.

 Snack: Cherries

Hello, my name is Renee and I'm addicted to cherries.  It's becoming a problem.  These ranier cherries were 5 bucks this week.  I need to quit spending a chunk of my grocery budget on these little gems of happiness.

Anyways, ate half of this container around 10:30 and forced myself to stop ;)

Right before lunch time I had another snack...

 Another Snack: Protein Bar

I knew lunch was going to be late today, because my guy (and the pups) and I had decided we were going to walk the whole lake (pictured above), which basically takes the whole lunch hour.  I like this new Fiber One bar.  It almost tastes like a Little Debbie Star Crunch, which is like my favorite LD treat!  It's obviously much healthier for you, though.

Lunch: Taco-ish Salad

I got back to the office and assembled my salad.  In the mix, chopped romaine lettuce, shredded cheese, leftover BBQ meat, black beans, corn, salsa, avocado, sour cream and cilantro.
Um, yum.  That's all I gotta say.


Some people pack their salads all together, but I like to assemble it right before eating.  Here's how I pack mine.

Snack: Nectarine

Before heading to my boot camp workout, I noshed on a nectarine.  So tasty!
BTW, I was texting my mom the other day (because I'm cool, alright?) and she said something and I said, "Yay!" or I tried to say it, and my phone changed it to "Tasty!"  Weird, right?

Randomness.

Ok, so boot camp was tough.  Can only move my fingers to type right now because I have obtained what is known in professional circles as the "spaghetti arms."  I'm working through it.

Dinner: Grilled Philly Chicken & Veggies

My boyfriend is off work this week (he works at night) and it was so awesome grilling dinner with him!  He makes a killer grilled chicken.
So, I topped the grilled chicken with sauteed green peppers & onions and a slice of provolone cheese to make it "Philly-ish."  He charred some corn on the grill as well, while I made asparagus in the grill pan (it was too skinny for the grill).  At the last minute, I microwaved some little golden potatoes, then cut them in half and seared them in the pan I had sauteed the peppers/onions in.  Best decision ever.  I realize it looks like alot of potatoes on above pictured plate, but it's probably the size of a small fist, just cut in half.

You know I had some froyo for dessert!


A scoop of my favorite cookies and cream topped with (probably unnecessary?) chocolate sprinkles.

Here's my brand:


Well, have a great week everyone.  Here's a picture of Bizzy the dog with sunglasses on, to bring some sunshine to your day!


No comments: