Friday, June 21, 2013

Creamsicle Martini Slush


Today is the first official day of Summer!  Hooray!  
Of course, it's felt like summer for a few months here in the south.

What's a better way to celebrate than with a favorite childhood flavor like a Creamsicle all grown up?

This was actually my silly attempt to make boozy popsicles, gone awry.  The thing with boozy pops is you can't have too much alcohol or it won't fully freeze.  And I wanted to have a decent amount of alcohol in my Creamsicle.  So, live and learn.

Enjoying this in a martini glass by the pool was more enjoyable than dripping a popsicle all over my shirt, anyways.

Creamsicle Martini Slush
makes 2 drinks

1 1/2 cup of Trop 50 no pulp orange juice
1 cup of whipped cream vodka

Shake these up in a shaker & freeze.  Serve in martini glasses with an optional orange slice.

It really tastes like a creamsicle.  I promise.  This is actually a skinny cocktail, if we're being technical.  Which we're not...but I thought you'd like to know.

Have a great weekend, everyone!  

No comments: