Tuesday, December 18, 2012

DIY Gift Idea: Canvas Photo Transfer


Don't bother checking.  You are at the right place.  I am aware that I haven't crafted in seventy bajillion years, but I did a craft this week!!  Naturally, I must share it with my favorite blog readers ;)  Especially since there is one week til Christmas!!!  Eek!

This craft took about 10 minutes of actual work, with a few hours of drying time.  

So, let's get to it.  You don't have much time til Christmas!  Better get crackin'.

For this super easy DIY project you will need:

8x10 stretched canvas
picture printed from a laser printer or copier (8x10)
gel medium (available at craft stores)
mod podge clear coat
paint brush
water bottle
cat (optional)
cheese and crackers (optional)

Step 1
Paint a thick coat of gel medium on your canvas.

Step 2
Lay your picture down face down on the wet canvas.  Let it dry for a couple hours or overnight.

Here's how it looked after about an hour of drying.

Step 3
Spritz the paper with some water and start peeling off layers.  You may have to rub some off.  Don't rub too hard, though.  Be gentle with faces (in this project and in everyday life...I'm weird).

Paint it with Mod Podge to seal.  See, I took out part of my Dad's face.  Be more careful than me.
Cute, right?  You can also do this with a piece of unfinished wood, instead of a canvas, but I haven't had much luck with that.

Happy Crafting :)  If you want more DIY gift ideas, here's my round up from last Christmas.  Don't judge the pictures too harshly, friends.

project from A Beautiful Mess

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was looking for a diy canvas project because my homes empty walls not have attractive so i think i should add something there, so why not canvas, you have shared nice idea, thanks for sharing this great post about canvas photo transfer.

Canvas Prints & Wall Art to Give New Look to Your Home