Friday, November 9, 2012

Ground Lamb Kabobs

Guys, I totally forgot to post this!  Ha.
I uploaded the pictures a week or so ago and just had them sitting there...not doing anything at all.
These kabobs were so tasty and easy that I had to share these with the world.  Or at least you lovely people ;)
This recipe comes from Steven Raichlen's How to Grill book.  He is the master of all grilling!  He's the dude from BBQ University, if anyone else lived for years without cable and knows what I'm talking about...
Yeah..
I'm just gonna get to it.

Ground Lamb Kabobs
serves 4

1 1/2 lbs ground lamb
3 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
2 gloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp dried ginger
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
salt

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
Then take handfuls of it and form it on skewers, like this.
Then wrap two bricks in foil, put them on the grill with enough space for the kabobs and heat your grill to medium high.
Place skewers in between bricks and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side (I doubled the recipe for below batch).
Since the finished kabobs looked a bit like poo, I sliced them up and laid them over some yellow rice to serve.

I also made the cilantro chutney from Raichlen's book, which was so tasty...that I'm gonna give you that recipe, too!

Cilantro Chutney
makes 1 cup

1 bunch fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
3 tbsp walnuts
2 tbsp onion
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sugar

Pulse these ingredients in a food processor until combined.


Here's a plate I made.  It has a kabob with roasted veggies, plus my mushroom tart.
Check out the recipe and cookbook review over at Endless Simmer for my Rustic Mushroom Tart.
Here's a picture to entice you.


No comments: