Monday, November 12, 2012

Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers


Wow, this weekend was a blur of epic recipes.  When you stuff 3 kinds of meat in a turkey, you give little thought to appetizers and side dishes.

Buuuut, I did make this super simple appetizer that is so good it could stand up to a Thanksgiving type meal.

Am I being coy here?  Well, I guess you can check Endless Simmer this week to see what I post.  It just might rock your socks.  I'll update this post with links once posted (assuming I remember to do so).

This recipe is literally just 3 ingredients, plus butter...Erm..4 ingredients.  It comes together in no time.  I'm thinking you should try it ;)

Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers

bag of sweet peppers
log of chevre goat cheese
panko bread crumbs
melted butter (1 tbsp)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Cut open the peppers long ways and use a spoon to scoop out the ribs and seeds.  Lay the pepper halves in a large baking pan.  I used a 9x13.  Toss about 1/2 cup of bread crumbs in the melted butter and set aside.  Spoon goat cheese into the peppers, top with the bread crumbs and bake for 15 minutes.  So good.  I promise.  You could probably use a spicy pepper here if you wanted to.  It's your life.

No comments: