Friday, July 13, 2012

DIY: Beaded Safety Pin Bracelets


I used to live at the mall.  No, not literally.  But as a teenager, we had a new mall in our city, and it was the place to be.  So, I pretty much went everyday.

Now that I realize that the mall is just super crowded and mostly overpriced, I don't really go.

I did happen to be there last week and moseyed into an accessory store.  Seriously.  A giant store crammed full of every accessory you could ever want or need.  Hmm.  I wasn't that impressed.

Until I saw this.  And thought I can totally make this.  That's what rings my bell, folks.
It is just safety pins, beads and elastic.  Guess who went to the craft store the next day?  Craft stores are the new malls in my world.

You need safety pins, seed beads (tiny beads) and elastic string.


Here's the steps:

1. Put some beads on your safety pins.  I probably used 60 safety pins (for a normal adult lady's wrist).
2. Cut some elastic a little bigger than your wrist and string the safety pins on with the beads going in the same direction, alternating the direction of the safety pins.
3. String the bottom of the pins on the second string.
4. Continue until bracelet is filled and tie in a double knot.


This bracelet is so easy, it would be a great craft for kids to do on those long, boring summer days!


Why is it that I never realized how awkward it is to take pictures of a bracelet while you are wearing it?
Well, weird pictures aside, this is my new favorite thing to make!  So simple and not messy.



Happy Weekend, all!

No comments: