Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIAW: Buffalo Chicken Sandwich


Peas and Crayons


Hey hey!  We are halfway through the week!  
Time to share my eats with you :)

Breakfast, Part I: Vita Top
I repeated my cran bran Vita Top from 2 weeks ago before a.m. boot camp.  It may not look pretty, but it sure does fuel my workout!

Breakfast, Part II: Eggs, Fruit
Another familiar looking breakfast this morning with a ham & cheese omelet served with strawberries and blueberries.  Coffee repeated twice.

A.M. Snack: Apple & Cheese 
Am I a creature of habit or what?  I think next week my goal will be to have all different kinds of food on Tuesday for WIAW.  It's funny how you don't realize you eat the same stuff until it is documented.  Well, I had a glorious rose apple with a cheese wheel for snack.

When lunchtime rolled around, I had to go walk a super energetic puppy.
This picture is actually recycled as you can tell from my hair in a ponytail (too short to do that now!) and the leaves on the ground.  But you get the idea.

Lunch: Soup & Grilled Cheese
Definitely my favorite lunch combo!  Healthy soup and healthy grilled cheese.  There's just no topping that.  This soup is my favorite veggie, white bean soup & the grilled cheese is light wheat bread with sharp cheddar.
Followed by a healthy cookie!


P.M. Snack: Carrots & Hummus
 Another typical Renee snack ;) while typing lots of things.  It was a very busy day, indeed.

After work, I talked myself into enjoying the weather on another walk.  I took my parents' pups, Finny & Madmartigan with me!
 They had a blast.  Finny wrapped me around every mailbox and street pole along the way.

Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, Sweet Potato Fries
 So yummy this meal was.  Why am I talking like Yoda?
It was that good, I guess.
You can find the recipe for the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich by clicking the link to Men's Health site.  I had my usual sweet potato fries and cauliflower on the side.
Here's the sandwich, topless.
Spicy chicken, tangy bleu cheese sauce, grilled onions and a toasted wheat bun?  Yes, please!

After dinner I had a glass of red wine (shiraz).
What do you get when you combine daylight savings time, getting up at 4:40 a.m. and red wine?
This sleeping lady on the couch!

I'm trying to think of something brilliant to post for you guys on Friday, so pop back over here then.

In case you missed it:
I made a boozy milkshake with Lucky Charms on Endless Simmer
and I posted some super yummy and healthy chicken fried rice!

Did you notice the ole blog got a face lift?  I love it!
The design came from Maree at Grey Loves Design on Etsy.  Go check out her designs.  She is great and she's super nice to work with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, vita tops sound so good! I must really try to find those in the store!