Monday, January 21, 2013

Crockpot Challenge: Buffalo Chicken Soup


Happy Monday, Everyone!

Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers blog is doing a Crockpot Challenge that I thought I'd attempt to participate in.

The gist is that you cook 10 crockpot meals by the end of February.  You can read more about it here.

The first meal I made is one I've actually already posted.  But I will post it again for you, because it's just that dang good.


This soup is healthy and hearty with a little spice.  Feel free to add more buffalo sauce if you like it really spicy.

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Soup
makes about 6 cups

4 small carrots
4 stalks celery
1/2 yellow onion
small red pepper
3-4 large chicken breasts
1 box chicken broth (32 oz)

Chop all the veggies (I did this the night before for quick preparation), toss them and the other above ingredients in the crockpot.  Cook on low for 8 hours.

Once everything has cooked for 8 hours, shred the chicken using two forks, drain a little broth into a small bowl and whisk in 1 tbsp of flour then stir it back in the crock.  

You'll also need:
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 handful of shredded jack cheese
1 handful of shredded parmesan cheese

Toss all this in the crock and stir around.  Give it a taste & add more sauce or cheese if you want.

Garnish with reduced fat bleu cheese and serve with bread.


Original post here

My next meal is an Asian marinated pork loin and pickled veggies.  I think I'll tell you all about it on Friday.

See you guys for What I Ate Wednesday :)

No comments: