Friday, December 16, 2011
Mint Oreo Truffles & A Bonus Recipe
Aw, look at these cuties.
Well, there's nothing new here. I'm sure you have all heard of Oreo truffles.
If you haven't, here's how I made them:
Mint Oreo Truffles
*1 package mint Oreos
*1 container of cream cheese icing (I used the whipped kind)
*White candy melts (or whatever color you want to use)
*Optional sprinkles, nonpareils or crushed candy cane
1. Crush the cookies in a food processor or in a Ziploc with a rolling pin. Mix the crushed cookies and icing until combined.
2. Roll into balls with your hands. I scooped them out with a teaspoon to make them sort of the same size, then rolled.
3. Place on parchment paper and pop in the freezer for 5 minutes. Don't leave them in there longer than that.
4. Melt candy melts per the instructions on the package.
5. Dip each ball into the melty deliciousness and tap off excess.
6. Top with whatever topping before they dry.
7. Let them harden at room temperature and enjoy.
I made these for our office luncheon, and everyone loved them. They were so easy to make, too :)
I also made my favorite Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, and they were so good looking I had to post a pic:
I have a bonus recipe for you today. But a word to the wise: Look away if you are dieting. This pizza is the devil.
So, you know the beefy, greasy, cheesy Baconator from Wendy's?
This is what would happen if a pizza and a baconator hybrid were created in some mad scientist's lab. Or in my kitchen. Whatever.
My husband loves pizza, but he also craves a big, fat bacon cheeseburger, so I set out to make him the best dinner ever. With no vegetables in site.
He loved it. He assured me of its awesomeness.
Here's how I made it.
1. Used a basic pizza dough recipe (or you could buy a pizza dough)
2. Browned 1/2 lb of ground beef with burger seasoning and a dash of hot sauce
3. Topped the pizza with the following:
*1-2 tbsp ranch dressing
*4 slices provolone cheese
*4 slices crumbled, cooked bacon
*1/2 lb cooked hamburger meat
*about 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
*4 more slices crumbled, cooked bacon
Holy, moly--this is major.