Hi! I hope everybody out there had a great holiday weekend and enjoyed time with friends and family.
Also, I hope you are not too burned out on sweets.
Because I have a cookie recipe for you today.
Before I get to that, I'm sure you are interested to know that my nephew loved his Guess Who? game! He is turning 6 years old today (I cannot believe it!). Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people ;)
Ok, back to cookies...
These cookies are soft and sweet. They would be perfect to take to a New Year's party or just to munch on around the house.
They are not too eggnog-y, though. More like a Lofthouse cookie.
Frosted Eggnog Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 scant tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, slightly softened
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup eggnog (I used Silk soy eggnog)
1 tsp rum exract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, mix sugar and butter together. Add egg yolks and vanilla to the mixture and beat until smooth.
4. Finally, add eggnog and rum extract and mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Slowly add flour mixture into eggnog/sugar mixture until completely combined.
5. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove immediately and move to a cooling rack.
6. When completely cool, frost with eggnog buttercream.
3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup softened butter or margarine
1/3 cup commercial eggnog
1 tsp rum extract
1. In small mixer bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar and butter or margarine until well blended.
2. Gradually beat in eggnog and rum until icing is smooth.
This made 3 1/2 dozen smallish cookies.
Recipe from Tidy Mom