Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIAW: Brick Chicken & Photo Recap

Peas and Crayons

Good Morning!  It's the first What I Ate Wednesday for March!
I never know what the theme is going to be for the first WIAW post of the month until that day.  And since I take my pics a day ahead of time (on Tuesday), my recap might not look so "green."  Oh well...

Breakfast #1: PB English Muffin
Before 5 a.m. boot camp workout I had the last of the crunchy peanut butter on half of a whole grain English muffin.  Always a delicious choice!

Breakfast #2: Shake 
I continued the peanut butter love by including some smooth pb in my shake.  Shake included: 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, 5 strawberries, a handful of blueberries, 1 frozen banana and a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter.
Coffee on the side x 2!

 Snack: Bar & Yogurt
I was really hungry this morning, so I had Greek yogurt and a Kind bar.  It was very helpful in taming the hungry beast within.

 Lunch: Smoky Chicken Chili
Last week I made this Smoky White Bean Chili and it was so so so yummy!  I had the last of it for lunch alongside some light rye Wasa crackers, a cheese wedge and carrots.

Coffee for dessert!
That's a tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte made with soy & and added shot of espresso.

Too busy busy for an afternoon snack, so I was quite starving for dinner.  Which was a winner.  That was an unintentional rhyme, but I'll go with it (winner winner chicken dinner!).

 Dinner: Brick Chicken, Sauteed Cabbage, Smashed Potatoes & Brocolli
This chicken turned out so yummy!  We took the bones out (which you can find instructions for here), added olive oil and spice rub and grilled the chicken under two aluminum foil wrapped bricks.  It was awesome.  I'll make one during the day sometime so I can take better pictures and do a recipe down the road to share.
On the side I made sauteed cabbage with olive oil, garlic and a touch of soy sauce.  I had never done this before, but will definitely do it again--delish!
I made smashed potatoes by microwaving potatoes til fork tender then smashing them down with a masher, drizzling with olive oil, spices and cheese then baking for 25 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
I also microwaved broccoli for some more green.

Here's a quick recap of my Photo an Hour Challenge I gave myself on Friday.
All pictures were taken from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (one an hour) on Saturday, March 2nd.
You can see larger pics in order with explanation of each on my Instagram page.
You do not need to have an Instagram account to view them.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Ohhh.. everything looks so good!! That chili.. yum!! Loved your photo an hour too..I followed along :)