Monday, September 17, 2012

Sharpie Doodle Mugs


Guys, I used to be a hard core doodler.  I doodled like nobody has ever doodled before (possible exaggeration??).  I would write notes in bright marker, draw dogs and cats on my work clipboard, sketch some Fall leaves on my September calendar.

A shift happened somewhere in my adulthood and now I doodle no more.  Well, rarely, if I do.

I need to get back to that place and get my doodle on-I hear it is good for the brain.  I'm going to lay down some butcher paper on my dining room table and pretend like it is Macaroni Grill.  I will doodle some of these:
And a little of these just to get me warmed up:

But before I do all that, I had to break out the Sharpie markers and made some fun mugs.

All you gotta do is.

1. Go to the Target dollar section (or Dollar Tree) & get some mugs.  This pair of 2 stackable mugs was $3.
2. Doodle to your heart's content on the mugs with some Sharpies.
3. Bake in the oven to set the marker (350 degrees for 30 minutes).
4. Handwash only, y'all!

If you are just going to use mugs to hold pens, you can skip the baking step.

I keep trying to think of other doodles I used to do a a kid/young adult.  There was the face of the boy made from the actual word "boy."  Did anyone else do that?  
Feel free to share your doodle ideas with me.  It will only help me in my journey ;)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

These are so cute! I used sharpies to decorate my mugs and baked them and even with hand wash it washed off pretty quickly, is yours still fine? I wonder what I did wrong...