Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WIAW: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes


Oh, would you look at that.  It's Wednesday again!

How amazing is that picture above of the sunset from Tuesday afternoon?  It's not even half as pretty as it was in person.  It just makes the day happier to be dumbstruck at how beautiful nature is, am I right?

Anyways, let's talk about food now!  Yay!
Peas and Crayons

Breakfast: Waffles!

I started the day off in a yummy way by eating some Eggo Nutrigrain low fat waffles, topped with strawberries and sugar free syrup.  I also had some coffee, of course.

A.M. Snack: Grapes

I packed way too many grapes for snack today.  My eyes are always bigger than my stomach, for sure.  I ate about half of these little gems.

Lunch: Soup & Sandwich 

Lunch was kind of haphazardly thrown together, but ended up being quite tasty.  I split a can of Campbell's Homestyle Gouda bisque with chicken with my boyfriend and made us turkey sandwiches with brie wedges I found at the store (not sure of the brand at the moment--they are 70 calories a wedge..we split one).

We started to walk the dogs, but decided it was too dang cold...so, naturally we went to Starbucks instead.


We went to my favorite Starbucks in the city.  They make the best cappuccinos.  I had a tall soy cappuccino with one Splenda and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Also, I was talked into buying a snowman cookie.  It wasn't a hard sell, people.
I split the cookie with my guy and it was soooo good.  Like 10 times better than the pumpkin cookie from last month.  The snowman cookie is shortbread (instead of a sugar cookie).  It was delectable.  I recommend it if you need a treat...I also recommend splitting it, because it's like 350 calories.



P.M. Snack: PB Toast

From my WIAW posts, I bet you think I eat peanut butter toast everyday, huh?  I usually just have it on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I have boot camp.  It makes me feel like I'm fueling my body for a strength workout.

So, anyways, ate my toast and went to workout.  Then home for a fantastic dinner that I will share with you now.

Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes & Veggies

I made these for the first time last week and knew I would probably repeat the recipe every week.  
So far, I'm right ;)

My guy loves buffalo chicken and, obviously, so do I.  But I think even if you are not crazy about buffalo chicken flavors, that this would be the recipe to convert you.

Come to the buffalo side with me.


Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
An Attack of the Hungry Monster Original Recipe

3 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup buffalo sauce
1 lb lean ground chicken
2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
1/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
Salt, pepper, garlic salt
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Bake or microwave your whole sweet potatoes until fork tender. Carefully slice them lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving the skin in tact for stuffing.
Cook ground chicken with buffalo sauce, salt, pepper and garlic salt until done.
Combine sweet potato flesh, cooked chicken and all other ingredients except shredded cheese and mix to combine.
Stuff the skins evenly with the mixture. I start by putting 1/2 cup scoops in each, then I divvy out the rest. Top with mozzarella and bake for 25 minutes at 400F degrees.

 I mean, seriously...

If buffalo chicken just isn't your thing, check out these Cheesy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Shrimp & Spinach that I made back in April.  They are amazing!!!


After dinner, it was time to snuggle this little beauty!


I posted a video of Bizzy doing her tricks on Instagram.  I tried to post it here, but apparently I don't have the skill set to do such things.  Watch it here.  Be amazed. 
She's so smart and cute!

Ok, enough about my pup...for now ;)

Happy Wednesday!!


3 comments:

Kadee Cramer said...

That sweet potato looks delicious! My sweet potato obsession is about to get dangerous :)

Unknown said...

ohmygoodness that sweet potato looks AH mazing. never thought to toss some chicken into the mix! so happy i came across your blog!

xo,
Taylor
www.tayloredfitness.co

Renee-The Hungry Monster said...

Thanks, guys! Y'all are too sweet. Hope you like the potatoes. We love them in our house!