Friday, November 22, 2013

Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread


I had no plans to share this recipe.

It's just too good, though.  I need to tell you about it!

I was planning some budget friendly meals last week and decided on red beans and rice.  You can't have beans without cornbread.  You just can't.


As you can see, I was a little wonky with my pictures.  I think it was cornbread intoxication.

That could be a thing.

Make this!!!!

Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread
serves 8

1 heaping cup of self-rising flour
1 heaping cup of yellow cornmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick of butter, melted (I used lite)
1 6 oz container of fat free plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
1 cup plain almond milk
2 chopped jalapenos, de-seeded & diced
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 400F degrees and spray a 9" cake pan with non-stick spray.
Combine wet and dry ingredients separately, then mix them all together.  Fold in the jalapenos and cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes and brush with an additional 1 tbsp of melted butter after baking.

You can also use this same recipe to make plain cornbread by omitting the cheddar and jalapenos.


Believe me when I say, moistest (gross word, sorry) cornbread ever.  Your mouth will be watering.

My guy grilled up some bacon wrapped turkey legs and we had the cornbread and beans and rice alongside of it.  Also, slaw.


Yum!

No comments: