Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WIAW: Maple Dijon Salmon & Photo Challenges


Good Morning, Friends!  This week is just zooming by...it's already time to do What I Ate Wednesday...can you believe it?!
Well, there's not much going on with me this week.  We are still in the midst of a kitchen remodel (on a budget).  Some day in the near future, I will have some pictures to share with you on that.
Now, get ready for some yummy food stuff!

Peas and Crayons


Breakfast: Egg Sandwich

I had the best, most filling breakfast of a whole wheat english muffin, 2 egg whites, 1 slice of muenster cheese and strawberry preserves.  It really hit the spot!  Plus 2 cups of coffee!

It's been at least a week since I've made eggs.   I missed them!  I love eggs...from my head down to my legs!


A.M. Snack: Nuts & Berries 

I packed a little mason jar of strawberries & blueberries for snack..accompanied by a handful of salted, roasted almonds.  Yum!

Lunch: Buffalo Chicken Wrap

I've come to the conclusion that I am now totally and forever addicted to buffalo sauce.  I never cared much for it until about 3 months ago.  Now I cannot get enough of that flavor!  The great thing about buffalo sauce is...no calories (some brands have 5-10 calories--check the label)!  It adds lots of flavor with no calories!  Hooray :)
For lunch, I made some Flat-Out wraps with leftover chicken, some mozzarella cheese, buffalo sauce & romaine lettuce.  On the side, leftover roasted veggies (sweet potato, brussels, green beans, asparagus) and veggie straws.

Here's the wrap before it got...wrapped:


I didn't really feel like eating an afternoon snack....so I had a Starbucks refresher drink.  These are pretty tasty & it put some pep in my step.


Speaking of peppy steps, due to a hamstring injury from last week (ouch!!), I decided to sit out of boot camp on this particular day.  My body is just not ready for that impact after pulling a muscle last Thursday.  I went for a long walk with Bizzy and my Mom instead.  It's my Mom's birthday, today, also!!!  I am looking forward to celebrating with her and family tonight.

afternoon shadows


Dinner: Maple Dijon Salmon with Bacon, Rice & Broccoli

For dinner, I knew I was making salmon, but came across this recipe from How Sweet It Is blog & decided to make it. I cooked the salmon in a pan instead of grilling it, but it was super easy & flavorful.
I served the salmon with some steamed, fresh broccoli (sprinkled in Parmesan) and this rice mixture (found in the frozen veggie section of Walmart):


I've been loving frozen rice lately!  Cooks perfectly and is nicely portioned for two people.

Dessert happened, of course.


Froyo in a waffle cone=one happy Renee!

Here's my frozen yogurt of choice at the moment:


That does it for my eats!

In other news:

I posted a healthy & hearty Beefy Taco Veggie Quinoa Bake on Endless Simmer last week.  Here's a picture to entice you to go check out the recipe.  Give me a "like" or a comment over there, if you wanna:


Speaking of pictures, I am now participating in not one, but two photo challenges on Instagram.  Why do I do this to myself? ;) I kid.  I really enjoy taking pictures and feel like doing several pictures a day is going to make that skill stronger and make me more creative.

If you want to join me on the challenges, here's some info:

1) Fat Mum Slim's July Photo-A-Day: You get different photo prompts for each day.  Today is Day 17, but it's never too late to pick up this challenge.

2) A Beautiful Mess's 30 Day Self Portrait Challenge: This one might be more of a challenge, because it's just a picture of me everyday.  Some days I don't necessarily like the look of me-LOL!  But, the point of this challenge is to find alternate ways to think about a "selfie" by exploring composition and angles.  I think it will be a fun way to grow with my pictures.  

Feel free to join me & to follow my Instagram, of course ;)  Chances are, I'll follow you back!

Ok, have a fantastic week, all!

I'll leave you with a picture of Bizzy smooching me...and me smooching the air in front of me apparently!



No comments: