Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WIAW: Light Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Turkey Burgers



Peas and Crayons

Good Morning!  We are halfway through the week!

Nothing new going on in my neck of the woods.  Except that we toured a winery last weekend (pic above).  It was beautiful and some of the best wine I've ever tasted.

On to the food stuff:

Breakfast: Egg Sandwich

I am so totally predictable, if you read last week's post...I repeated this breakfast a few times this week, actually.  It is so filling and delicious!

This is 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters on a whole wheat English muffin with a little muenster cheese and strawberry preserves.  2 cups of coffee on the side!


Yum!


Morning Snack: Apple

I cut up a jazz apple for snack in the morning.  It was so crisp and perfectly sweet and tart at the same time.

Lunch: Quesadilla Wrap

After a short dog walk, I whipped up some turkey and spinach quesadillas on Flat Out wraps (I get the original light).  A couple big ole strawberries and veggie straws on the side.

Afternoon Snack: Sad Grapes

I have been loving grapes this season.  These guys were on their last leg and I had to throw the wrinkly ones away.

Before my boot camp workout I went home and made some toast with crunchy (reduced fat) peanut butter to hold me over.


Bizzy the dog watched with bated breath.


"Um, can I please have some, mum?" 

It's so cute, she raises one paw off the ground when she wants something.


"Seriously?  You're not going to share?!"


 Dinner: Light Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Turkey Burgers & Veggies

I got home from boot camp, walked Bizzy (again), did some house chores and finally got around to making dinner.  This was a winner of a dinner!!

I love adding buffalo flavor to everything burgers.  It's so spicy and flavorful!

Here's a quick recipe of what I put in my turkey burgers:

Light Blue Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Turkey Burgers
serves 4

1 lb lean ground turkey
1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
2-3 tbsp buffalo sauce
1 tsp salt
sprinkle of pepper & garlic powder

Mix all this up and portion out 4 patties.  Press a thumb sized hole in the center.

Then put half of one of these cheese wedges in the center of the burgers (so you'll need 2 wedges for 4 burgers)



Fold the turkey patty in a ball around the cheese and press down.

Sprinkle some grill seasoning and grill those bad boys for a few minutes on each side until cooked.

Add a little extra buffalo sauce on top to serve.


I tried to take a picture of the cheese oozing out, but I was preoccupied with cleaning up after dinner, and the patty got a little cold, so no hot oozy cheese.  Sigh.


Still delicious!
I had my turkey burger on a lettuce bun with a side of grilled sweet potato wedges, steamed veggies and half an ear of corn.

Then my favorite frozen yogurt in a cone followed.


Um, I guess I made buffalo turkey burgers this month already.  Forgive me?
Well, they were slightly different: Spinach Dip Buffalo Turkey Sliders

Have a lovely week, all!


No comments: