Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIAW: So Much Health

Peas and Crayons

Wowwww, Wednesday sure did roll around quickly this week.  Seems like I was just jazzing up chicken..but that was a whole week ago!


Well, Tuesday was a decent day.  I shall chronicle it all here for you right now.

Breakfast: Loaded Cereal Bowl

I went to Aldi this week.  Aldi is amazing.  So many great finds!  I got some off brand cereals as shown above.  One is very similar to Multigrain Cheerios and the other very much like Kashi Go Lean Crunch.  So I added a half cup of each in my bowl and topped it all with strawberries, bananas and frozen blueberries.  Half a cup of almond milk brought it all together.  Such a satisfying breakfast!  Coffee X 2 happened, as well.
Oh, fun/random fact.  I just found out that I am not the only one in the family who mixes cereals.  Apparently my Nana passed that down to my mom, aunts, me and my cousins.  Crazy that I didn't invent it, like I thought in my head!


Snack: Cherries!


Fresh cherries? Be still, my heart!  I found these bad boys at Aldi as well and didn't break the bank buying them ;)  I actually only ate about 2/3 of this bowl of cherries.  They were filling and delicious.


Lunch: Southwestern Chicken Chopped Salad

Lunch was a crazy good salad containing: chopped lettuce, grilled peppers, black beans & corn, pico de gallo, avocado, leftover chopped bbq chicken, sour cream, cilantro.
Here it is all mixed up, so you can see everything:



You know I need something sweet after my lunch, so this Fiber One brownie should come as no surprise to you. 


Another non-surprise--Iced Coffee!!!


It's about that time of year when I need to brew a giant jug of iced coffee and put in the fridge..so I can stop spending money at Starbucks...amIright?


Snack: Wasas & Cheese, Applesauce

Oh, look.  An Aldi copycat of my beloved Laughing Cow Swiss cheese wedge!  It actually is NOT as tasty, but is bigger and 10 less calories...so it's a toss up.  Around 4 p.m. I smeared these light rye Wasa crackers with the cheese to fuel me for my evening boot camp.
I also ate a teeny applesauce for some sweetness.



Dinner: Bunless Burger & Veggies 

It would be entirely accurate for me to tell you that this is what my dinners have looked like for at least 2 weeks now (in fact, this is the 2nd night in a row I had this exact meal).  It's like summer on a plate!
I made some burgers with 90% lean sirloin, topped them with reduced fat cheddar and pickles.  A little microwaved sweet potato and summer veggie mix on the side.  Yum yum!

For dessert, I put a small amount (small, for me, that is) of Ben & Jerry's frozen Greek yogurt in a sugar cone.  Topped with chocolate sprinkles for crunch.


Here's the actual fro yo I used.


I bought it because I was curious, but probably would never buy it again.  It has a real artificial banana taste. Think banana Laffy Taffy.  The peanut butter swirls are good, though.  All in all, if a froyo has been sitting untouched in my freezer for over a week, it was not my favorite ;)

Anyways, that's it for today.  I felt good about my fruit/veggie consumption and less carbs.  Getting ready for summer, y'all!!!

Don't forget to check my May photo-a-day on Instagram.  My heart was heavy yesterday about the OKC tornado devastation, so I skipped the prompt "I really care about this.."  I just didn't know how to take a picture of everything that encompasses: life, relationships, safety, health, etc.  It was overwhelming.  So, I skipped day 21.  
Back on track today!

Have a great week!

No comments: